14 januari 2013

Oscar

haven´t written here in a while but as the Oscar nominations have been released, I thought I might say my thoughts about who will win.


Best Picture - Lincoln is the obvious favourite. A movie about a president that most see as a hero will go well as the majority of those voting are americans. I haven´t sen it so I cant say if it is the best picture.
Argo? No, cant see that kind of movie win. Life of Pi is well done but not a kind of movie that wins an Oscar.
I would want Beasts of the southern wild to win. A movie with a lower budget, a great new young actress and a movie about something important. Obamas liked it, I like it too. 100/1 is huge but usually outsiders don´t win Oscar for best picture, even when they are worth it.

Best Director - Usually follows Best picture. But Spielberg is such a borig pick. I hope the Academy dares to go for a debutant; Benh Zeitlin, who made Beasts of the southern wild. 33/1 is worth a bet as his chances are bigger than the movie´s is.

Best Actor - Quite a boring category this time around. Will Lincoln make a grand slam? maybe but if Daniel Day-Lewis wins it is more becuse of the other nominees not being that good.'

Best Actress . Emanuelle Riva for Amour or Quvenzhane Willis for Beasts of the southern wild are most worthy and I hope the young Quvenzhane wins. Jennifer Lawrence was decent in Silver linings playbook, but not outstanding in any way, a bit flat IMO.

Best Original song - Skyfall 1/3? Are you joking? Bond themes never do well and this is a really weak song. pi´s lullaby at 20/1 is a great bet IMo end the best outsider chance of the Oscars.

Inga kommentarer: