12 augusti 2016

My Premier League thoughts

Premier League starts this weekend. A league that is in decline and will be a weak league again this season. If it wasn´t for Pogba and Zlatan in Man U then the league would lack all quality and interest. English teams have failed the last seasons in Champions League and I can not see any of the teams qualified this season doing anything major.

But who will win PL and who will be relegated? Here are my thoughts

1. Manchester United
Without a doubt I put Man U on top. I said it when rumours put Zlatan there and after they bought Pogba I can not see any team stopping them. Self-exclaimed "experts" in UK have written off Zlatan saying that he will not be good this season. I disagree and have him scoring 20+ goals leading Man U to the title.

2. Chelsea
 I think Chelsea have something big n the making. Strong coach and a few strong players. I think this season will be a bit tough for them to end on top. But look out for them next season.

3. Arsenal
The team that never wins and with Wenger managing them they never will end on top. They will once again end top 4, but quite a distance after Man U and Chelsea. Arsenal need a new manager and some big name players to end champions.

4. Tottenham
Spurs will not succeed in CL and will quite early get to focus inly on PL and that will help them to reach CL next season. It will be tight between them and Arsenal and all is up to Harry Kane´s form.

Outside top 4 I think Man C will end. Pep is overrated as manager and Man C will have a tougher season than many think.
Liverpool will at best be 6th but Klopp is also so overrated and I can actually see him leading Reds to an even worse league position than last season (if Klopp gets to stay all season)

In the relegation battle I pick Boro coming last. IMO the worst team ever in PL and they will be lucky if they reach 20 points. Hull will also be relegated. Weak squad and Boro and Hull will be so far away from safe ground at Christmas.

Sunderland, Burnley and Bournemouth will be the other who struggle to stay up.


Inga kommentarer: