02 juni 2012

My Euro 2012- thoughts Group A

I will present some short thoughts of the Euro 2012 that starts soon. First Group A.

I have for a while been pushing for Russia as champions. I think they have been really forgotten, but after thrashing Italy yesterday I think more people will be on the russia-train. Or thye might just bet against italy instead :)

(Prices in individual games are William Hills, just because it is easiest fo me)

Poland v Greece
Greece will be the whipping boys once again. I can´t belive how a such crappyt eam always get to the championships. Poland are the hosts and I have a feeling that Poland could surprise many in this tournament.
 They will start of with a  win at evens (2,00)

Russia v Czech
This  is the bet of the first round aa Russia are 11/10 (2,10). Czechs have not been good in friendlies lately, beating poor teams by just a goal and losing yesterday to Hungary. I on´t think the Czech´s have any chance at all.


I won´t tip up more than the first round games unless the prices are really good, and I can´t find that yet in this group.

Russia might draw in one game, against Poland or Greece to secure progress to the QF. But I think they along they way will score many goals. I also have a feeling that it will be Alan Dzagoev that will score most of them and at 15/2 (7,50) he si my pick for best russian scorer.

Russia to score more than 5 goals in the tournament is a bet too at 7/4 (2,75)

Russia to win group at 7/5 (2,40) and greece to finish last at 6/4 (2,50) are banker bets IMO.


Putting many eggs in the Russia basket, but I have them as one of my picks for Euro 2012-winners (20/1), but that and more tournamnt bets will come in my last preview of the Euros.

After Russia I think Poland couls qualify for the QF, but whether it is them or any other tteam they will ose in the QF. This group is really weak and that´s why I believe that one of Europe´s best teams (Russi) will breeze througha nd score loads along the way)




Inga kommentarer: